All other things being equal, in most decisions:
- we owe no duty to worry
- we owe no duty to be afraid
- how many times has life as we know it crumbled, yet, here we are, writing or reading this?
- rarely are we spared the consequences of our decisions
how would fear and anxiety spare us, protect us from, or mitigate, such adverse consequences?
- this is not about bereavement
- this is not about harm to others
- this is about living with the consequences of the overwhelming majority of the types of our decisions